Lately I’ve stopped saying “Friyay!” or simply Yay!
Besides a couple more hours of sleep – 30 min more sleep to be precise… The weekend is just another weekday. So here is what I decided to do. I’ve established a new pattern. There is no “diet” and a free-pass on the weekend. It’s a lifestyle that I started to implement with the new year; not a resolution, not a goal, I simply woke up one morning and felt like I needed to kick start my life all over again.
I didn’t need to change or reinvent myself, I just needed to create something, add a new pinch, the right way: my routine.
I know sometimes we get to that point where we would gladly give everything and everyone up, pack our things, quit our job, get 3-4 people with us and literally travel and wonder at the beauty of castles and sceneries.
Although I do this during my travels or vacations, I don’t want to be in a giant waiting room until my next trip. So here are a few wake up calls. Follow them, trust me, they get you places.
- Wake up with a smile – it lasts all day!
- Never wish you could sleep more… it’s not going to happen.
- Being a workaholic is not bad for your relationship.
- Don’t postpone – procrastinating doesn’t help when a decision should be taken.
- Don’t count till 100; 10 will do.
- Exercise, even if only for 30 minutes a day. You don’t need to lift weight, just move a bit to break the rhythm. Dancing counts too!
- Don’t complain… well, at least try.
- Plan, plan, plan, plan – always ahead. And don’t be sorry to get things organized, even when everyone is trying to take a nap.
- Eat healthy. Yes I know, we all try, but seriously do it.
- Drink… Water! Tons of it.
- A glass a wine everyday helps you cool down… or whiskey. Go get it…
- Unplug from work. There is a limit to responding to emails and phone-calls. After that, let it go to voicemail. You need a few hours off. Not during sleep, before.
- Take your vacation days.
- Treat yourself. Always, you are a priority.
- Try to expect less… we’re not saints, we all expect, but do so reasonably.
- Role play, putting yourself in others’ shoes might be of tremendous help – everytime.
- Live. Life comes around once, make the best of it, don’t compromise your happiness
- Travel – there is nothing more enriching, seriously.
- Know what you want and work for it. Ambition with motivation – you will conquer the world.
- Have courage & be kind to others. It’s liberating.
- Cook, even if you mess up sometime. Tangible results are the best motivation!
- Flush out negativity, negative people and unworthy memories. So heavy to carry them around!
- Be true. Always find the opportunity to speak your mind.
- Go out but don’t force yourself to be in places where you genuinely don’t want to be.
- Establish a good cleaning/makeup routine. Whatever works for you!
Do all these, everyday. You’ll be surprised how “sunny” you will feel – even in the rainiest of days!